eBranch: Secure Online Banking
- 24-hour, 7 day a week access to your accounts from any computer or mobile phone with web browsing capabilities
- Real-time balances on your accounts
- Free Bill Pay (as long as you pay at least one bill a month*) View a Demo of Bill Pay
- Multi-Factor Security: One-Time Passcodes for Access and Password Recovery
- To sign up, contact the Member Services Call Center at 301-670-1300 Monday – Friday during office hours
- For more information on online and mobile banking security issues, visit our Security Video Library
Here are just a few of the things you can do in eBranch:
- FinanceWorks: Money Management Tool
- Search for a particular transaction
- Make transfers and loan payments
- Download financial records to Quicken or Microsoft Money
- Access Related Accounts (where you are joint owner)
- Personalize or "Nickname" your accounts
- Sign up to get Purchase Rewards when using your eCheck Debit card
- View your EFCU Visa statement and pay your bill
- Reorder checks for your checking account
- View the front and back of cleared checks with Check Imaging
- Receive Account Notifications via Email or Text Banking
- Access to some Secure Forms
- Access your statements through eStatements (view or download)
- Send a secure message to EFCU via Secure Email
*The first 90 days after you are registered for Bill Pay are free, and it remains free as long as you pay one bill in the monthly cycle. If you do not pay one bill in the cycle, the fee is $9.95 a month.
Make more informed financial decisions with FinanceWorks -- part of our commitment to helping you get your complete financial picture. It lets you track and control spending, create budgets, save, reduce debt, and much more. The free online financial management solution, powered by Quicken®, lets you view all your bank, investment and retirement accounts, including loans and credit cards in an instant from one easy-to-use site with graphs and charts that track by category.
Get the bigger picture.
Unlike other banks, FinanceWorks doesn't just show your Energy FCU accounts - it shows EVERY account, from your phone bill to your IRA. Every dollar you earn, spend and save, from past trends to future projections, presented clearly and easy to understand.
Know more, do more.
FinanceWorks doesn't just show it all, it analyzes it all. You'll discover spending habits you never knew you had. Find new places to save money. Be reminded when bills are due. FinanceWorks will help you set goals, make budgets, and do the right thing financially.
It’s a new way to think about your money, and the best part is, it’s easy to use and free – check it out today in eBranch! Don’t have eBranch, call, click or come in for more information.
Click Here to View a Demo or watch the video below.
Secure Email inside of eBranch allows you to send secure email to our staff while you are logged in to eBranch. You will also receive email from our staff via this secure email in eBranch. With 128-bit SSL encryption, this system provides you with a secure communication channel where you can send our staff account numbers, print screens, or other questions specifically about your accounts. When our staff respond to your request, you will be notified via email that you have a new letter in your inbox inside of eBranch.
Multi-Factor Security: One-Time Passcodes for Access and Password Recovery
The first time you log in to eBranch you will see a "Login Security" options page. This page will allow you to enter the various options for future logins (to be used only when needed) such as one or more phone numbers, cell phone numbers, or email addresses. You can set up how you want to receive a one-time pass code from the following options:
- Text message
***These passcodes will only be used one time and then they are no longer valid - and they are also only good for 15 minutes!
Once you set up your login security options—for those computers you have designated “private”, you will not need to use the one-time passcode when you log in. So when will you use a one-time passcode?
- When you log in from a different computer (or a computer you have designated as “public”) — you will be asked to enter a one-time access code as an additional line of defense to prevent unauthorized access
- If you forget your password you will be able to have an access code sent to you via phone, text, or email and that code will enable you to reset your password yourself.
Online security beings with the authentication process -- to verify that it is you logging in, and not someone pretending to be you. These new security measures will help prevent identity theft and fraud by requiring more during the verification process.
You can also make your computer safer by installing and updating regularly your: anti-virus software, anti-malware programs, firewalls on your computer, and operating system patches and updates. You can learn more about online safety and security at these websites: www.ftc.gov, www.usa.gov, and www.idtheft.gov.
If you notice any suspicious activity within your account or experience security-related events (such as phishing or texts that purport to be from Energy Federal Credit Union), please contact us at Call2@energyfcu.org or 800-223-2177, option 3.
You can earn extra cash just for using your eCheck Debit Card, and you can track your offers and rewards right inside of eBranch. Click Here to view a video demonstrating this new service.
Microsoft Discontinuing Support of Windows XP -- April 8
Microsoft has announced on April 8 they will no longer support Windows XP. If you are currently using Windows XP, Microsoft recommends you upgrade to a supported operating system to ensure access to the latest security updates they provide.
For more information visit Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/end-of-support.aspx